Login     Sign up
Show posts from all members to other members?
John D (@johnd)
Community posts: 132
View Profile
Send Message

hey,

I think with small sites it would be a lot better to show the posts from all members to others, rather than just showing their friends.

That is the main problem I have heard back from people, unless they arent friends with people...the site is pretty much blank until they add people and them and the others are posting.

Can I make it so all posts are visible to members, just like on the index when someone isn't signed in?

161 months ago
John D (@johnd)
View Profile
Send Message

just wanted to bump this as Im running a competition now and would really like to do it but not sure how.

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks

161 months ago
John D (@johnd)
View Profile
Send Message

anyone here able to help? I think this is really important for all sites, I think it should be an option.

When starting a site it looks so empty, who would want to come back with no updates if they dont have a lot of friends already on it?

Its like having a forum and only showing posts from users they added as friends...I know 99% of people that signup wouldnt even consider coming back

160 months ago
John D (@johnd)
View Profile
Send Message

Really still trying to get this working...just not having any luck at all.

I thought it would be a simple copy / paste of code from the index to the dashboard..

160 months ago
Jcow Master (@falcone)
Community posts: 917
View Profile
Send Message

in the feed of version 5 you have 2 feeds. my connections and public

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

Hes on free V4 mate

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

Yea I get what you mean John you want the news ticker on dashboard instead of just the friends feed right..

160 months ago
John D (@johnd)
View Profile
Send Message

Yep thats right Al :)

I don't want to update to 5 because I have done a lot of changes and didn't make a note of them (Used to vBulletin updates now without having to change the code ;) )

I'm not sure why the same code from the index (logged out) isn't working on the dashboard, maybe on the index another file is being included to run it?

160 months ago
John D (@johnd)
View Profile
Send Message

I thought I changed this but someone said to me that they still only see my posts (I have it set so I am added as a friend, so all my posts are shown)

Does anyone know if this was posted on here for how to do it? Ive been looking and searched google but cant see it anywhere

158 months ago